National Scholarship Program • Post-Graduate Scholarship Program
Post-Graduate Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Program of the American
Board of Funeral Service Education also provides financial awards to active faculty of funeral service or mortuary science programs to assist them in furthering their professional education.
Scholarship amounts vary and are paid directly to the recipient. Awards are made by the Scholarship Committee of the American Board of Funeral
Service Education. The Committee meets twice each year, in April and October.
To be considered for an award, an applicant must:
1. Be actively employed as a faculty member of a program in funeral service or mortuary science education accredited by the American Board of
Funeral Service Education and seeking credentialing to maintain employment.
2. Provide a letter of application along with a resume.
3. Provide a letter of recommendation from their department head indicating that insofar as it can be currently known that the applicant will
continue to be employed at the institution following the award of the advanced degree.
4. Provide a letter of application indicating how graduate studies will contribute to funeral service education and/or the ABFSE program.
5. One semester completed of graduate study and an official transcript as evidence from Graduate program.
Materials must be submitted prior to the March 1 or September 1 deadlines, addressed to the chair of the Scholarship Committee of the American Board of Funeral Service Education:
American Board of Funeral Service Education
992 Mantua Pike, Suite
Woodbury Heights, NJ 08097
NOTE: Late or incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please email us at email@example.com